17 August 2009

I thought we talked about this




At night, when I put the kids to bed, I try to make deals with them. The most common deal I try to make with them is that they will not grow any more and they can live with me and dad forever! Sounds like a good deal to me - never having to say goodbye to those baby years - never have to send them to school - yeah, i love it! For some reason they say okay and then look what happens - they keep getting bigger! I put them to bed a week or two later and tell them "I thought we talked about this!" They think they are in trouble for something and i tell them - we agreed that you weren't going to get any bigger! Kyle always says "Maaaaaaaam!" "I can't help it - it happens while I'm sleeping". Katie says "Well, I am going to get bigger every day that is just how God made me!" Levi usually just laughs, I can't entirely understand his words yet and I am usually tickling him while I am saying it. I know that I really don't want them to stay little forever because there is so much more to experience with them. I just wish this time wasn't flying by as fast as it is. (Most days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Child of God - wife to keith - mama to 3 little monkey's - keeper of copper - blest with much family - thankful for this life!